The aim of the charity is to encourage Isle of Man residents to take an active interest in international affairs and support the principles and work of the United Nations and its Agencies, including education and humanitarian activity.
The objects of the IOM UNA are:
- To support the principles of the UN charter and the UN role in promoting peace, economic and social progress and human rights.
- To advocate the utilization of the UN and its agencies and programmes where appropriate.
- To encourage an awareness of matters and events of international and universal concern, particularly in relation to the Isle of Man.
- To promote friendship and understanding between peoples of different countries.
- To provide a forum for persons and entities within the Isle of Man interested in and concerned with international affairs.