1) To encourage, promote and maintain community interest in the arts, including dance, drama, music, singing, fashion and other forms.
2) To promote positive interaction within and between youth communities through creative opportunities and projects, in particular in areas of high crime and low provision for extracurricular and arts activities.
3) To provide a supportive environment to allow young people to develop their talents and skills, which would help to prepare them for finding suitable educational opportunities and/or employment both in the artistic field and outside.
4) To encourage young people to develop an ethos of cooperation and teamwork, tolerance and consideration for others.
5) To enable young people to present their work to the wider audience through organising performances and exhibitions, thereby giving them a voice in the community, giving them a sense of achievement and increasing their self-esteem and inspiring wider interest and participation in the arts.
6) To facilitate artistic links between different boroughs, between professional artists and amateurs alike.
NICOLA (New International Company of Live Arts) is a youth lead charity that promotes positive interaction within and between youth communities through creative opportunities and projects, particularly in areas of high crime and low provision of extracurricular and arts activities.
One of NICOLA’ s main project is NICOLA Talent Factory, a concept born to train and develop young people in music and dance, improving their personalities, providing them with the right skills and confidence to start careers in arts related employment as performers, joining existing arts organisations or to run their own business or Social Enterprise.
NICOLA Talent Factory provides a range of activities from live performances to talent exchanges nationally and internationally to regular mentoring sessions in order to help them to create original materials (music and music videos). Talent Factory facilitates networking amongst young artists.